The Passport Acceptance Program
Looking to apply for or renew your passport but don’t know where to start? Take care of this task right at the LA Travel Adventure Show and you’ll also receive tickets to the event for free!
Sponsored by the Los Angeles Passport Agency, you can apply for and/or renew your passport while you explore the Show finding your next trip.
How it Works
Simply fill out the form on the right side of this page to register. One week prior to the LA Travel & Adventure Show, taking place on February 18th and 19th at the LA Convention Center, you will receive an email with a reminder of what you need to bring, as well as the check in process. Note that the Passport Acceptance Program will have capacity for only 300 attendees throughout the weekend, so only 150 attendees per day. We recommend registering immediately as the Passport Acceptance Program will sell out.
What You Need
If you plan on submitting your U.S. passport application at the Travel & Adventure Show, you must bring the following documents (please visit travel.state.gov/passport for fees and forms):
- Complete the DS-11 (U.S. Passport Application) form if you are a 1st time applicant, have lost your valid passport, were under the age of 16 when your previous passport was issued, or your most recent passport was issued more than 15 years ago
- Complete the DS-82 (U.S. Passport Renewal Application) form if your passport was issued less than 15 years ago, was valid for 10 years, and it is in your possession (any name change must be accompanied by a certified name change document)
- Citizenship Evidence – Certified birth certificate, Certificate of Naturalization, Citizenship Certificate or Previous Passport
- Proof of Identification – Driver’s License or State ID (if your ID is from out of state, please bring a second form of ID—work ID, student ID, insurance card etc.)
- Photocopies of Citizenship and Identification – Front and back of IDs
- Passport Photo – For quicker service, bring a passport photo! We can also take a passport photo for you at the show for an added fee! Photos must be 2×2, in color, white background, no glasses worn.
- Payment – Check or Money Orders ONLY – no exceptions. Make payable to “U.S. Department of State” for the Passport Fee. The $35 execution fee for U.S.P.S. can be made via check, debit/credit, or cash. The total fee is dependent upon product(s), service type and delivery request. Please visit travel.state.gov/passport for fees and forms.
- Processing Times – Applications submitted at the Travel Show will be processed according to current processing times which can be found here. Please see note below if you need a passport for urgent travel.
- Hours of Passport Acceptance:
- Saturday: 10:00am to 4:00pm
- Sunday: 11:00am to 4:00pm
NOTE: if you are traveling within 2 weeks, you must apply in person at a Passport Agency. Please contact 1-877-487-2778 for more information from the Passport Agency.